Tom Doyle Gone From WROR

Lou lspin@comcast.net
Sat Nov 22 12:06:32 EST 2014

That's pretty stunning news!

-----Original Message-----
From: Boston-Radio-Interest
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Mark Watson
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2014 10:44 AM
To: 'Boston Radio Group'
Subject: Tom Doyle Gone From WROR

Tom Doyle was shown the door as WROR after Wednesday's "Loren & Wally" show
ended. According to my source management told Doyle that due to budget cuts
his services were no longer needed. My source also heard that the show will
be tweaked to have more talk, less humor and less music, which IMHO may turn
off some of the loyal Loren & Wally listeners. As of late last night Tom's
bio was gone from WROR's website, but the link to many of his parody songs
and "Men From Maine" episodes was still on the website.

Tom has had a fairly long run in the Boston market. IIRC wasn't he one of
the jocks on WCOZ back in the 1970's? He was also paired with Jess Cain on
WHDH towards the end of Cain's long reign as morning host.

Mark Watson