top-40 in 1957

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat May 31 00:53:56 EDT 2014

On 5/30/2014 12:43 PM, Donna Halper wrote:

>> Would WCOP list the song if they didn't play it?
>
> That was exactly my point.  Do you or anyone else on the list have
> other WCOP surveys?  Also, why would Bob Clayton report is to the
> Boston Traveler each week as a pick hit if he were not playing it?

I've always thought the general rule in those days was that if the
risque' material was sufficiently subtle that it passed right over the
heads of children, so that they didn't ask embarrassing questions, it
could pass.  Watching DVDs of Groucho Marx's quiz show from that era,
I've seen a number of risque' remarks, but they were sufficiently subtle
that when I saw those shows back in the day, I didn't notice anything.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com