New WXRV translator on the air in Needham

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Sat May 24 14:10:12 EDT 2014

>Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 21:28:09 -0400
>From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@bimajority.org>
>
>Steve Silberberg's new WXRV translator on 96.5 in
>Needham appears to be on the air, finally.

There is a strong Caribbean pirate on 96.5 from
somewhere in the Boston neighborhoods that, I'm
sure, is preventing this translator from being
heard (well) anywhere east of Newton.

I haven't checked it on the road yet, but at my
apartment on the south and west facing side of
Spring Hill in Somerville, if I do some tricky
antenna acrobatics to "null out" the pirate, I
can very faintly hear the 96.5 WXRV translator.

EP