New WXRV translator on the air in Needham

Shawn Mamros mamros@MIT.EDU
Sat May 24 13:15:12 EDT 2014

>Steve Silberberg's new WXRV translator on 96.5 in Needham appears to
>be on the air, finally.  A license to cover was filed for it this
>week, and I just checked out my bedroom window in Framingham and was
>able to get a weak signal parallel 92.5.  How are other folks hearing
>it?

I live in Waltham, just north and west of Prospect Hill; only a small slope
blocks line-of-sight to the Newton/Needham towers.  96.5 comes in with
a little static, but the 92.5 signal comes in way better.

-Shawn