'WMVY' Edgartown, Cape Cod, returns to the air, as WMEX

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Fri May 23 01:07:25 EDT 2014

I'm glad to know about this.  I've just tuned to it online, and it
sounds good.

On 5/22/2014 6:30 PM, Eli Polonsky wrote:
> As for the WMEX calls...
>
> When this is all straightened out, the WMEX calls
> will be going to a new 100 watt LPFM on 105.9 that
> just signed on last weekend in Rochester NH, being
> programmed as a new non-commercial version of the
> former 106.5 FM WMEX oldies station that was located
> in that area (lic. to Farmington) from 1998 to 2008
> until it was bought by a Christian network (now WNHI).
>
> Programmed by Gary James, former PD of WMEX FM 106.5
> and the oldies incarnation of WMEX, Boston on 1150 AM
> from 1986-1988, like those stations, this one emulates
> the sound of the original 1510 WMEX Boston with a wide
> playlist of oldies from the late '50s, '60s and early
> '70s, original and recreated WMEX jingles, occasional
> drop-ins voiced by Arnie Ginsburg and current voice-
> tracked DJ's (some from the Boston 1150 incarnation).
>
> This is the first time that the WMEX oldies format is
> being programmed as a non-comm with PSA's and local
> underwriting announcements from the Rochester and NH
> Lakes region area, more local elements are said to be
> added soon.
>
> WMEX stream: http://tunein.com/radio/WMEX-s136160/
>
> However, for the time being, the real calls of "WMEX"
> are WMVI-LP (not WMVY-LP) Rochester, NH!
>
> EP
>

> -----
> No virus found in this message.

A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com