It will soon be COX 25

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Wed Jun 25 10:09:44 EDT 2014

I think I read somewhere that WFXT will certainly remain a Fox affiliate,
as if there was any question.

The same thing happened here, when Fox sold off the Local TV stations (now
Tribune). WJW "Fox 8" and its Local TV Fox affiliate sisters signed a
long-term deal (reportedly 10 years) to stay with Fox. That was many years
ago, and "Fox 8" hasn't changed networks since.

Unless there was some other linked deal to move the affiliation, which
would be somewhat unlikely in Boston as already pointed out here, I can't
see Fox selling off WFXT without a long-term affiliation deal.