New 1510 talk format to launch next Monday

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:49:58 EDT 2014

 >Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 at 6:25 PM
 >From: "Scott Fybush" <scott@fybush.com>
 >To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
 >Subject: Re: New 1510 talk format to launch next Monday
 >On 6/2/2014 4:25 PM, Bob Nelson wrote:
> @bostonradio passes along via a tweet that the new talk format for WUFC
> 1510 will be launched next Monday, June 9. I asked if there was a press
> release with further details and he just said, no, only the launch date.
>
> A month ago it was mentioned they would run Dr K, Glenn Beck,
> Jay Mohr, and Alex Jones and we'll see if they (general manager is Bryan
> Berner) have any further details a bit later. Mark S. says once he knows
> the lineup he'll pass it along,

Wake me up when they break a 0.3 with that lineup.

(I expect to have a nice long nap...)

That's EXACTLY the raw rating for Clear-Channel-owned WHJJ-AM 920 in Providence in the latest book.
Any CCM&E pop record or rock or C&W station doing that poorly would have experienced a total shakeup by now.
They probably feel comfortable with the current format in Providence as well as San Fran and LA until after the elections.
Maybe later they'll go the time-brokered route a la WKOX-AM 1430 in "Everett" and WXKS-AM in Newton.