WDRC-FM

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Fri Jul 18 13:10:07 EDT 2014

>Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:34:42 -0400
>From: Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@gmail.com>
>To: Eli Polonsky <elipolo@earthlink.net>
>Cc: Boston Radio Group <boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org>
>Subject: Re: WDRC-FM
>
>While in the Pittsburgh area a few weeks ago, I had
>a rental car with HD in it. In some cases even HD-4s
>would come in.

I don't think any Boston area stations are currently
running HD4 channels. WBMX 104.1 tried it for a while
a few years ago with CBS's "new age" talk channel "Sky
Radio" (formerly "Psychic Radio"), but discontinued it.

The reception was very poor, even when the HD1, HD2 and
HD3 channels were strong and steady, some of my HD radios
skipped over the HD4 like it didn't exist, and on the ones
that got it, it was usually coming in either all broken up
or all chopped up, or maybe even both at once.

EP