Stop sets: the "2-Minute Promise"

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Jul 1 21:32:37 EDT 2014

<<On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 17:42:21 -0700, "Glenn Spatola" <gspatola@q.com> said:

> There was a discussion on the list not too long ago about the length
> of stop sets, pros and cons of longer vs shorter commercial
> breaks...  I just found a very interesting blog piece about an AA
> station here in the Seattle area that has made a "2-Minute Promise"
> to its listeners.  Perhaps it will spur more discussion.

I'll be interested to see how this works out -- and Seattle is a PPM
market so it won't be long before there is some actual evidence
whether it's working for the audience.  But I'm not sure how much I
believe in Entercom's willingness to stick to its "promise",
particularly if they end up getting bought by Cox next week.

I'll actually be in Seattle in November, so I'll certainly give it a
listen (no satellite/Bluetooth in the rental car!) if they're still
doing it then.

-GAWollman