North Shore 104.9 - WBOQ

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 09:59:05 EST 2014

Website lists Charlie Curtis in the morning, then Catherine Brown (who took
over what had been Jackie Ankeles' slot), and a bunch of other names who
could well be the "off the bird" hosts. North Shore 104.9 has promoted
itself as being locally focused with "good time favorites...and the Boston
Red Sox". They've done high school football on Friday nights, and
billboards and their website has accented how local businesses can "fish
where the fishes are"--appeal to the North Shore audience with their spots.

Their facebook had a post on Jan 27 saying host Catherine Brown was giving
away a $25 gift card to a local business. Other posts are accenting their
presence in the local community--so are they now going to mostly or all
satellite? I think they had already done quite a bit of programming either
via computer or off the bird, so is "North Shore" 104.9 veering off their
mission?

I admire stations like WATD with their local focus...maybe poor earnings
are leading to this move, on WBOQ...