Clemons wants to go on legally

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 08:21:54 EDT 2014

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/04/pols_back_dot_radio_station

The article quotes US Attorney Carmen Ortiz: "“It is a public safety hazard
for illegal radio stations to broadcast, potentially interfering with
critical radio communications.".
--

When asked why Touch 106.1 FM did not get a license, Clemons said, “We
couldn’t. The FCC has shut it down so no one could apply for a license for

Ortiz said stations like Clemons’ “could have applied for low power radio
licenses and operated their stations in compliance with the law.”

-----

Good comments, Donna; also with regards to the FCC, they seem to be sitting
on the WBMT situation as has been mentioned before--they have waited for
years for a "hearing" and have been allowed to continue broadcasting
despite not having a license for some six years I believe.