Clemons wants to go on legally

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Apr 19 02:24:26 EDT 2014

On 4/19/2014 12:32 AM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> There are few things (other than the courts, or Chuck Schumer) that
> can make the FCC act on a pending application if it's not inclined to
> do so.

Other members of Congress can influence them, and we have a few who
might be interested in trying. to help a minority-comunity station. I'm
thinking, for example, of Congressman Mike Capuano, who I believe may
now represent that part of the city and who now has a majority-minority
district and might be motivated.  Or possibly Governor Patrick, if he
chooses to follow up on his criticism of the FCC's actions, might talk
to the Congressional delegation.  He also has another in, should he care
to use it.  He and President Obama have been friends since before either
of them sought elective office.  I think a call from the White House
might move the FCC.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com