Local TV questions....

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Fri Sep 13 18:56:11 EDT 2013

Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Many seniors are not happy that Lawrence Welk vanished (GBH has NEVER
> aired
> Welk)

I believe WGBX did run the Welk show Sundays at 12 Noon for a while. Just
checked the listing for this Sunday on my Comcast guide, it appears to be
fundraising time (again) as they have what appears to be programs that only
air for such purposes listed at 11:00 AM and 12:30 PM.

Is there a reason why WGBH never picked up the Welk show (and relegating it
to WGBX) after taking WENH off cable in MA? I'm sure they were bombarded
with requests to air the show on 'GBH.

Mark Watson