WABI/WAEI-Bangor- Heritage AM StationTo Close Down?

M. Casey map@mapinternet.com
Fri Sep 13 09:06:05 EDT 2013

According to Wikipedia, Blueberry Broadcasting took the station dark as of
Sept. 1.
And Radio-Locator has deleted it from the listings.
Anyone here know anyone at Radio-Locator?
In all cases like this, it sure would be nice if they left the technical
information up at least until the license is turned in to the FCC.

The tower land issue looks grim. But, with the economy in the slow state it
is, I can't imagine that another piece of land is out of the question.
Better yet...how's the possibility of diplexing with another station?

Mark Casey

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jibguy@aol.com>
To: <lglavin@mail.com>;

In a message dated 9/12/2013 2:16:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lglavin@mail.com writes:

WAEI-AM  910 in Bangor, ME has requested approval to go silent for the time
being  until
a buyer can be found, and if not, then turn in the license. WAEI is  the
former WABI-AM, a 5,000-watt fulltime
facility in the second largest  market in the state that came into being in
1924.

The tower site is the problem.  It is being re-designed or sold, and  the 2
towers to be taken down. typical scenario.... "the land is worth more than
the station".  In this case, it's quite true, as the area the towers are,
is in one of Bangor-area's mall development areas. - I really hope this
great  heritage station is purchased. (I'd do it if I had the time, and if
my
wife  would let me!)
-----jibguy