Bayview MA

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Thu Sep 12 10:47:50 EDT 2013

Several stations in California are licensed to "Census Designated Places".

KSTE/650 Rancho Cordova, a suburban Sacramento station which may have
featured my voice from time to time in the 1990s :)

There are any number of Sacramento stations licensed to CDPs which appear
to the world as suburbs, but are unincorporated areas of Sacramento County
- Fair Oaks, Natomas, North Highlands, etc.

I don't know when the FCC stopped using CDPs as license-ready "cities". An
AM CP (890) was licensed to Citrus Heights (now a city), but is now
licensed to Olivehurst, a city north of Sacramento in the Yuba-Sutter area.

Despite being "suburbs", all of the above CDPs would easily pass the Tuck
test.