Heritage AM Station in Maine To Close Down?

Jibguy@aol.com Jibguy@aol.com
Thu Sep 12 18:40:40 EDT 2013

In a message dated 9/12/2013 2:16:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lglavin@mail.com writes:

WAEI-AM  910 in Bangor, ME has requested approval to go silent for the time
being  until
a buyer can be found, and if not, then turn in the license. WAEI is  the
former WABI-AM, a 5,000-watt fulltime
facility in the second largest  market in the state that came into being in
1924.

The tower site is the problem.  It is being re-designed or sold, and  the 2
towers to be taken down. typical scenario.... "the land is worth more than
the station".  In this case, it's quite true, as the area the towers are,
is in one of Bangor-area's mall development areas. - I really hope this
great  heritage station is purchased. (I'd do it if I had the time, and if my
wife  would let me!)
-----jibguy