WCAP Update

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Mon Sep 2 16:27:42 EDT 2013

Bill O'Neill wrote:

> This appears to be a financial crisis driving technical ones. >Under the
> Cohen's (when I worked there) while there were >certainly austere periods,
> the main transmitter delivered the >footprint. What program we put to that
> carrier, well, that's >for another post!

Finances certainly are playing a role in contributing to WCAP's recent
technical woes, but deferred maintainance and upkeep of the transmitter and
technical plant are also to blame IMHO. I agree Bill that there were some
periods of technical glitches at WCAP, especially after Ike Cohen passed and
Maurice was running the place solo, but I don't recall WCAP being down for
an extended period or as frequent as they've been recently under Sam
Poulten's watch.

Mark Watson