Pronounciations

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Mon Sep 2 15:22:08 EDT 2013

On 9/2/2013 1:34 PM, Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
> A friend and i were listening to a radio station online and referred to it
> as the "Douche Bank" instead of "Deutsche Bank" 2013 Gold Championship.

We could start an entire thread on words that announcers have messed
up!  Back when I was a disc jockey, I heard people regularly refer to
the singer who did "Poetry Man," Phoebe Snow (say it: FEE-bee) as FOBE
(rhymes with lobe) Snow. And then there was Melanie, with her song about
Woodstock-- I actually heard her referred to as "mah-LAY-nee."  Oh dear.