Over the air signals on Comcast....

~Bill ecps92@earthlink.net
Tue Oct 22 18:04:03 EDT 2013

I've had the same thing in Quincy since late Last Fall

None of my Programs recorded on my Computer as Comcast is all Digital
Encrypted

Bill - N1KUG
Boston, Mass
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Jeff Lehmann
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:47 PM
To: Don
Cc: B-R-I
Subject: Re: Over the air signals on Comcast....

Have you done a rescan? Sometimes they will change the frequencies of the
local channels fed over the cable, requiring a rescan to find them again.

Jeff Lehmann

> On Oct 22, 2013, at 4:02 PM, "Don" <Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All....a couple of months ago, I connected my new flat screen "smart
tv" to the (Comcast) cable without any converter boxes or adapters.  And
seems to find most, if not all, of the over-the-air channels
(2,4,5,7,25,38,56, etc.) coming through in HD quality.

> Now...it appears that the only thing I can find without a converter box is
the one channel broadcasting the comcast commercial over-and-over....

> I realize the were slowly moving the cable stations to scrambled digital.
Did they finally take the unscrambled broadcast channels off too...or am I
looking in the wrong place?