Turkey Day football on the airwaves/Internet

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Nov 29 16:18:16 EST 2013

<<On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 06:25:06 -0800 (PST), Sean Smyth <ssmyth@psualum.com> said:

> One thing I did notice when looking at the game schedule in today's
> Globe (http://b.globe.com/1a6YHkn, if you didn't see it) is that a
> chunk of games are now airing via stream only. I'm assuming these
> operations must at least break even to keep on doing it. I wonder
> how difficult it is to sell ads; it's not like people can trip over
> it while dial-flipping, they have to seek out the stream
> specifically.

Wouldn't you expect most of the audience of such a broadcast to be
parents of children in those schools?  In which case, there are ample
means to promote the broadcasts, through the schools' Web sites and
parent mailing-lists.

-GAWollman