spoofs of radio formats

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sun May 26 23:22:19 EDT 2013

<<On Sun, 26 May 2013 22:45:19 -0400, Richard Chonak <rac@gabrielmass.com> said:

> Reading Jonathan Marks' "Critical Distance" blog today, I found out
> about this Irish duo producing audio send-ups of radio formats, under
> the banner of "Gremlins in the System".  Here they present "How to
> create a Radio News Bulletin":

> http://gremlinsinthesystem.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/154/

BBC Radio 4 has done a number of these sorts of shows in the past,
although not recently that I can recall.  You might still hear them
from time to time on 4 Extra.  They have also commissioned sendups of
other media; I remember "The Sunday Format" from several years ago
(skewering local newspapers' Sunday editions).

-GAWollman