Real Names of Disc Jockeys

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Fri May 17 02:31:27 EDT 2013

When Larry Lujack was at WMEX, Mac renamed him Johnny Lujack after
a famous football player.

Art Ferguson was Charlie Tuna at WMEX and his big break came when Bill
Drake saw that Art was the only WMEX jock WRKO could not topple in 1967 so
Drake offered him mornings at KHJ in LA. They could not hire him at WRKO
because Mac had non-compete clauses ( see Arnie Ginsburg )

Professor Halper - Maxwell Richmond may have been loathed by all that
worked for him - but he should be in tsigbhe Mass HoF.

He took a station that had a marginal daytime signal ( and nights much
worse ) yet he held his own against WBZ and WRKO.

He knew what good radio was.