Real Names of Disc Jockeys

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu May 16 23:50:16 EDT 2013

On 5/16/2013 8:37 PM, Donna Halper wrote:

> On 5/16/2013 6:14 PM, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
>> I know one real name....built for radio...Jordan Rich...actually went
>> to HS with him (Randolph)...
>
> And on the old WRKO in its top-40 days, they had a guy with a perfect
> radio name- Frank Kingston Smith.  Yet they made him change it to the
> house name "Bobby Mitchell."  When I was on the air, they made women
> use one name only, so I was just "Donna."

Not even a made-up last name?  I remember when WACQ 1150, in the late
1970s, had a female DJ called "Marcia Nicely."  And a few years later,
when it was WMEX, they had a DJ called "Vox Foxy."  I wonder who they were.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700| Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com