Universal Sports (was: FS1)

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Mar 26 14:19:46 EDT 2013

<<On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 09:43:25 -0400, "Jim Hall" <aerie.ma@comcast.net> said:

> I think in the Boston area, Universal Sports was broadcast on WBIN digital,
> so it was carried by Comcast. Comcast dropped it when WBIN stopped carrying
> it, however.

No, Comcast actually carried US after it was withdrawn from broadcast
stations, as a non-broadcast service, for some months before dropping
it.

> Now, since Comcast owns NBC-Universal, I can't imagine why they
> dropped one of their own channels.

US is not majority-owned by Comcast.  It may be that they are looking
to get out of this partnership and have taken it off their systems as
a way to help it fail.

-GAWollman