Universal Sports (was: FS1)

Howard Glazer hmglaz@att.net
Tue Mar 26 08:33:05 EDT 2013

Universal Sports was pulled from WVIT New Britain-Hartford's digital subchannels -- and thus, from Cox cable -- at the same time here in Connecticut. I'm not sure the channel is on any cable system anymore. It may be strictly a satellite and internet subscription-only offering. If it's not being offered to Comcast systems, I can't see it being offered anywhere else.
I liked Universal Sports, although it did tend to rerun events over and over and over, and the third- and fourth-string NBC announcing talent announcing most of the events (it was like listening to student sportscasters on college radio at times) obviously never left New York and was just dubbing commentary over feeds from overseas sites.
Howard