101.7

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Mar 26 00:33:34 EDT 2013

<<On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:49:45 -0400, Mark Laurence <marklaurence@mac.com> said:

> If they get tired of Evolution, I think they'll continue to throw
> random iHeartRadio formats on 101.7 until they find something that
> makes them a little money.  Or else they'll sell it to someone who
> truly doesn't care about ratings and programs brokered ethnic or
> religious programs by the hour.

I really hate to suggest this, but I would note that Boston is one of
the few large markets EMF doesn't have a station in....  It would be
interesting to see whether they could actually make money, given how
much they'd have to pay for it and a population that has
proportionally fewer of that flavor of Protestant than other top-25
markets.  (That may be why they don't seem to have been in the running
to pick up 101.7 from Mindich when it was on the market.)

-GAWollman