FS1

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Mar 25 01:04:47 EDT 2013

<<On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 10:54:01 -0400, "Mark Watson" <markwats@comcast.net> said:

>   Compared to ESPN, NBC Sports Network and CBS Sports Network, how many
> cable subscribers get the Speed network?

More to the point: how many cable subs *know* that they get Speed?

I certainly couldn't tell you whether I get it or not without going
into the channel settings on my TiVo to enable it.  I suppose the poor
shlubs who are stuck with cableco-provided boxes don't have the option
of disabling channels they have no interest in, but if they put
national baseball games on FS1, I suppose I'll have little choice but
to enable it (assuming I get it at all).  I can't see having any
interest in anything else Murdoch might air.

Anyone know the current status of Universal Sports?  Comcast kicked it
off our system at the end of 2011, and they own(ed) a quarter of it.

-GAWollman