Haitian Pirate Raided

Don Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 15:43:46 EDT 2013

> On 3/13/2013 8:59 AM, Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:

>> The feds raided the location and seized the equipment after a haitian
>> pirate on 91.7 in Brockton interferes with air traffic communications:
>>
> But what I still find mystifying, at the risk of beating a dead horse, is
> why the pirate (it's still a pirate, is it not) in Boston, the wildly
> popular Touch 106.1, is still on the air.  If you don't interfere with air
> traffic, you can be a pirate?

Well, I suppose interfering with air traffic is a safety issue.   And Touch
106.1, as much as they are a pain in the rear, do not affect anyone's
health, safety and well-being.

There are conspiracy mongers on radio-info who believbe that the FCC has
been given the order "hands off" by some Boston politician(s).  (Little do
they know it doesn't work that way.)

There are some that think Obama has instructed the FCC to let it be.