Haitian Pirate Raided

Robert Sutherland madprof@fairpoint.net
Wed Mar 13 10:44:59 EDT 2013

Please educate me!
I can understand a pirate being shut down in terms of interference to
other stations on same freq,
but 91.7 being interference to Air Traffic control confuses me, sounds
like a "cover" reason. (not that the FCC needs a reason).
Possibly excessive power, (harmonics that affect Air Traffic freq's)
and/or signals in flight paths could explain this.
The legal stations on 91.7 in Boston area [SALEM, NEWBURYPORT (kinda
distant), MARSHFIELD]  are not reported to interfere with Air Traffic.
any thoughts?

Bob Sutherland

posted by Paul Walker
> The feds raided the location and seized the equipment after a haitian
> pirate on 91.7 in Brockton interferes with air traffic communications:

The Globe's article also stated that "officials... could not say
...interference ...[was] any serious problems at Logan"