Spring Training on TV

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Mar 9 22:56:40 EST 2013

On 3/9/2013 12:37 AM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> To distract ourselves from the two feet of snow in our yards after
> Friday's storm, let's cast our minds toward Fort Myers.  I watched the
> Sox-Twins pre-season game today on NESN[1], and thought it unusual the
> way they produced one broadcast for both teams' networks (NESN and Fox
> Sports North), with the play-by-play men taking turns every two
> innings or so.  It's obviously easy to do that when both teams are
> based in the same city, but have they ever done this before?  I don't
> recall ever seeing it.  I wonder if the Minnesota fans found it as
> strange as I did, and what thought of Orsillo and Remy.
>
> -GAWollman
>
> [1] Well, on my TiVo which recorded it off NESN on Friday evening.

When the Braves were in Boston, did they ever play exhibition games
against each other?  And if so, was anything like what Garrett describes
done?

I seem to remember one farewell game played between Red Sox and Braves
just before the Braves left town.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700| Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com