Herald Radio launches Aug 5th - Jeff Katz and Michael Graham signed up

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Wed Jul 31 20:39:51 EDT 2013

Ken Vantassell wrote:
> Is RadioBDC from the Globe a success ? Maybe it is and the Herald wants a piece of the action.

The only people who know if RadioBDC is a success are the people in charge of making decisions at the Globe. Their goals may not be solely profit; RBDC may prove to be an effective promotion vehicle for the paper, or may allow it to add value for sponsors and keep those folk around, or put a different face on their print and online products. I don't know the answers to that.

Anyways, RadioBDC (music-intensive, with some contributions from Globe staffers) and Herald Radio have totally different formats, as of now. Who knows what each will evolve into?