Herald Radio launches Aug 5th - Jeff Katz and Michael Graham signed up

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Mon Jul 29 13:11:54 EDT 2013

Sean wrote--
> This is your fatal mistake, Dan.  I do almost all of my streaming on my phone.

Okay fine, I am going to "out"myself as an old fogie, I guess, but I too
find it cumbersome to listen on a smart-phone. I know this is a
generational thing, and I am certainly able to use my smart-phone for a
wide range of tasks including making calls. But hooking up a speaker and
plugging the phone into a charger is so much more time-consuming than
just turning on the radio or listening via the audio-stream on my
computer. The Herald is trying to attract younger listeners with an
internet station, but will older listeners (who are the main consumers
of angry talk radio) find it convenient to use their smart-phones to
listen? Most of the research I've seen says there's a real generation
gap in who uses phones (be they iPhones or Androids) to listen to music
and news.