Herald Radio launches Aug 5th - Jeff Katz and Michael Graham signed up

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Mon Jul 29 09:18:48 EDT 2013

Anyone have any recent, credible figures for listenership to streaming audio
vs OTA radio in the Boston market? If so, can you share? In my personal
experience, streaming simply is WAY less convenient (the PC--even though
it's a laptop--is WAY less portable than a radio). The PC is encumbered by a
zillion wired connections to peripheral devices (external hard drives,
document scanner, printer, DVD drive, etc). I have several radios that are
just, well, radios. Is Wi-Fi sufficiently ubiquitous that you can just plug
a Wi-Fi "radio" into an ac wall socket (or put a battery inside) and expect
to tune in any of hundreds of streaming Internet "radio stations"? And what
company provides the Wi-Fi service and how much (if anything) does the
service cost per month? Can you buy an "Internet Radio for Dummies" book
from Amazon.com? If no such book yet exists, seems like it is sorely needed.
All of the Internet "radios" I've seen advertised appear to assume that 100%
of the potential buyers just know the answers to all of the myriad
connectivity questions. No way is that so.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367