Congrats to the New England 2013 Marconi Award Nominees

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Jul 17 00:25:55 EDT 2013

"Legendary Station of the Year"?  What does that even mean?  Was that
the consolation prize for not getting "Sports Station of the Year"?

I think I can guess which one they would have preferred.

On 7/16/2013 11:40 AM, Chuck Igo wrote:
> Would like to share my props and congrats to my co-workers at Coast 93.1 (WMGX) in Portland for their nomination for the 2013 Marconi Award for Medium Market Station of the Year.  Two years ago, they received the Marconi for Adult Contemporary Station of the Year.
>
> Also a tip of the cans to:
>
> Mark Ericson & Karen Kiley at WOKQ (Medium Market Personality of the Year)
>

> Carter Alan for Major Market Personality of the Year
>
> WEEI-FM for Legendary Station of the Year
>
> WJMN for Major Market Station of the Year
>
> WBZ for New/Talk Station of the Year,
>    as well as WPRO
>
> WZLX for Rock Station of the Year
>
> and to WBZ-FM for Sports Station of the Year
>
> My feelings on industry awards such as these is that somehow, somewhere, our “peers” thought we didn’t suck and were worthy of a pat-on-the-back.  And we all know that a pat-on-the-back is about 18 inches away from being a kick-in-the-butt.
>
> The full list from the NAB is available at -
> http://www.nab.org/documents/newsroom/pressRelease.asp?id=3180
>

> --Chuck Igo
>

> -----
> No virus found in this message.

A. Joseph Ross, J.D.| 92 State Street| Suite 700 | Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856| http://www.attorneyross.com