Congrats to the New England 2013 Marconi Award Nominees

Chuck Igo Chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Tue Jul 16 11:40:04 EDT 2013

Would like to share my props and congrats to my co-workers at Coast 93.1 (WMGX) in Portland for their nomination for the 2013 Marconi Award for Medium Market Station of the Year.  Two years ago, they received the Marconi for Adult Contemporary Station of the Year.

Also a tip of the cans to:

Mark Ericson & Karen Kiley at WOKQ (Medium Market Personality of the Year)

Carter Alan for Major Market Personality of the Year

WEEI-FM for Legendary Station of the Year

WJMN for Major Market Station of the Year

WBZ for New/Talk Station of the Year,
  as well as WPRO

WZLX for Rock Station of the Year

and to WBZ-FM for Sports Station of the Year

My feelings on industry awards such as these is that somehow, somewhere, our “peers” thought we didn’t suck and were worthy of a pat-on-the-back.  And we all know that a pat-on-the-back is about 18 inches away from being a kick-in-the-butt.

The full list from the NAB is available at -
http://www.nab.org/documents/newsroom/pressRelease.asp?id=3180

--Chuck Igo