No Rating At All For WEEI-AM?

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Jul 16 22:20:02 EDT 2013

On 7/16/2013 9:33 PM, Mark Connelly wrote:
> In the car 93.7 holds up fine from metro-Boston down to at least the
> Route 44 exit off Route 3 in Plymouth.  96.3 is fairly usable from
> around the Route 14 exit in Duxbury so I would say that Kingston and at
> least half of Plymouth are adequately served by both 93.7 and 96.3.  On
> the other approach to the Cape, I-495 / 25 / 6 to Bourne Bridge, 103.7
> is useful from I-495 jct. I-95 continuing down 495 into about
> Middleborough.  The Wareham area might be the most tentative spot for
> Sox coverage since 93.7, 96.3, and 103.7 can all be scratchy in certain
> areas.  The New Bedford and Fall River AM's (1420, 1480) are somewhat of
> an option during the day but probably not even as good as WTIC's skip at
> night.

In my experience, the Newton/Needham area is iffy. There's plenty of
93.7 signal there, but the "RF haze" from the FMs in the immediate area
overloads all but the best of radios. I'm sure the same is true in the
Back Bay. If the Sox went back to simulcasting on 850 (and, really, what
good reason is there not to do so?), it would fix that problem very easily.