WBUR's L-O-N-G Station ID

Dale H. Cook radiotest@plymouthcolony.net
Sun Feb 24 09:13:12 EST 2013

At 02:30 AM 2/24/2013, Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:

>"WCOP AM and FM Boston" would be legal, as I understand it.

According to the rules and regs it is not. There are no such calla as "WCOP-AM," and "AM" is not a frequency, licensee or network. Note also on radio, when identifying multiple stations, the frequency of each must be given in the ID, per 73.1201 (c) (3) (ii). Failure to do so is a violation that I frequently hear.

Dale H. Cook, Market Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html