WBUR's L-O-N-G Station ID

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Thu Feb 21 18:02:10 EST 2013

WBUR's purchase of WMVY 92.7 FM on Martha's Vineyard became a reality for listeners on February
9th. So now WBUR's station ID goes something like this: "WBUR-FM, Boston, also heard on WBUA
92.9, Tisbury/Martha's Vineyard; also WSDH, Sandwich, WCCT-FM, Harwich and WBUR-AM, West Yarmouth.
I guess they've been identifying WCCT in Harwich as WCCT-FM right along, but I seem to notice it
now because of the "FM' appended to the calls. They don't do this with WSDH or WBUA. So I
assumed there's eith an AM station of a TV station somewhere that's also using WCCT, and voila:
it turns out that the former WATR-TV and WTXX in Waterbury, CT still on channel 20
had adopted the WCCT calls. I guess if at sometime in the future WCCT-TV changes its call letters
again, WCCT-FM can go by just WCCT and shorten WBUR's stationID unless they buy ANOTHER
terrestrial radio outlet somewhere.