Boston radio and school closing/delay announcements

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 08:54:41 EST 2013

Wasn't it WBCN that once announced that "Northeastern" was closed when it
was the town of "North Easton"? I used to work at Northeastern and that day
most of the kids stayed home, whereas the faculty and staff who were not
WBCN listeners showed up.

What used to irk me the most was that the large universities with thousands
of students were usually last on the list of school closings, following an
endless procession of nursery schools, daycares, dance schools, etc.