two things worth noting

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sun Feb 3 13:21:07 EST 2013

Thing one:  today is the "day the music died," the anniversary of the
deaths of Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper, and Richie Valens.  I was just a
kid, and I recall feeling stunned by the news -- whoever imagined that
our rock and roll heroes would die so young?

Thing two, the Boston Globe (South Edition) remarks on the pending
return to the air of Brockton's WXBR:

Radio station to return to air
By Emily Sweeney, Globe Staff, February 03, 2013

After nearly six months of radio silence, Brockton’s ­WXBR-AM (1460) is
poised to make a comeback and return to the airwaves within a matter of
weeks, according to the station’s owners.  “Our engineers are working to
get the station on,” said Jhonson Napoleon, president of Azure Media
LLC, the Miami Gardens, Fla., company that bought the talk radio station
from a Connecticut-based firm for $250,000 last year.

Many Brocktonians have wondered about the fate of WXBR since Napoleon’s
company acquired the station and took it off the air in August.

In addition to relocating WXBR’s studios to 250 Belmont St., Napoleon
said, Azure Media needed to update and replace the station’s transmitter
and equipment.  At WXBR’s tower site in West Bridgewater, Napoleon said,
company officials encountered something they were not prepared for:
Approximately 100 feet of copper plates that ran between the tower and
the transmitter went missing.

The copper “was all stolen,” said Napoleon. “We discovered this December
when we installed the new transmitter. . . . It’s something you can’t
run the radio station without.”

rest of article is here:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/regionals/south/2013/02/03/brockton-wxbr-return-airwaves-within-weeks-owner-says/IPV3OfIBdjnyvLhFdCmQhK/story.html