WKFY

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 03:18:02 EDT 2013

Back in the late 60's early 70's the most profitable show at WMUR-TV was
Uncle Gus.

The main sponsor for that show was a mobile home company. Why?

WMUR's research ,such as it was, showed that elders watched the show and
adopted the kids in the studio as the grandchildren they didn't have.

I personally am disgusted at Madison Avenue's disdain for older demos. The
reality is us aging boomers now have more disposable income than kids
coming out of college.