WKFY

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Tue Aug 20 22:35:07 EDT 2013

...   it's  something I keep hearing over and over and over from WJIB listeners.... > They want to hear it  because it reminds them of their fond memories of > their  parents...

Yes! And I thought I was alone.  In my younger years, Lawrence Welk wasa family Saturday night staple.  And when I got a driver's license, car, andthe freedom that came with it - I may have been listening to WVBF or WBCNon my own - but my house was still filled with the sounds of Tommy Dorsey,Artie Shaw, Glen Miller, Percy Faith, and a lot of less famous names playingon the Motorola stereo in the living room.
Also, yes the Motorola stereo is in the basement.  The tubes still light upand the turntable still spins, though maybe not very often.

-Bob