More changes at WERS

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 10:30:36 EDT 2013

The Globe has this article about the apparent cancellations:

http://www.boston.com/culturedesk/2013/08/20/has-wers-cancelled-rockers-and-night-two-late-night-music-programs/2clT0JqTiUaAy0zjyqOgIJ/story.html

It mentioned Rockers goes back to 1978...and that it's the longest running
college radio show in the nation. I wonder though; wasn't HIllbilly at
Harvard, WHRB, on even before
then?

I believe I remember seeing Rockers listed in such places as the Globe
(remember the radio page in TV Week, or the daily radio listings?), the
Phoenix, and even a short lived publication called Radio Waves..which I'd
buy at a newsstand in Lynn during my high school years.