Rhode Island names and other odd naming conventions

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Sat Apr 6 09:30:29 EDT 2013

On Apr 6, 2013, at 8:17 AM, Pariho <pariho@mail.com> wrote:

> Back to 128, anyone old enough to remember when 128 continued on the South Shore to Nantasket (hence the current 228 when they stopped 128 at Braintree in the early 1960s) I BARELY remember it and only because I did have an Aunt and Uncle in Hingham at the time.

I'm surprised the traffic reporters don't still call that section "128" then.  It makes as much sense as calling I-93 south of Boston "The Expressway" since there are no signs indicating it as such, or the part of I-93 from Canton to Braintree "128".

Well, gotta go.  I have to pay my phone bill to New England Telephone.

Paul