I-95 / Route 128

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Fri Apr 5 14:38:02 EDT 2013

The intended alignment of I-95 from the Northeast Expressway is still pretty
obvious on Google satellite view until you come to the river and Lynn

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=saugus+MA&ll=42.432184,-71.004081&spn=0.008806
,0.013797&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=Saugus,+Essex,+Massachusetts&gl=us
&t=h&z=16

As for I-95, I've found some maps that show it joining I-695 and looping
around
counterclockwise to continue up the north shore.   I-95 would then continue
northeast through the Saugus salt marsh, past Lynn and Salem, and eventually

join up with the part that was built north of 128.

Not too long ago, you could see where they graded the land.  It ran parallel
and
Northwest of route 107.   Sometime in the last ten years, they  finally
removed
the grading.

=