The Dave Maynard Spin: Dave Maynard, Suzan Franks: 9780978797485: Amazon.com: Books

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Sep 19 00:06:21 EDT 2012

On 9/18/2012 2:53 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> We all remember deSuze but did he do anything that was memorable?

Well, those shows were memorable for me!

Sometime around 1980 I had an intern in my office who had written a
forthcoming book on early television.  I was telling him about the
"Uncle Carl" shows, and he wondered if that were Carl deSuze.  So one
day, timing the call for just when he finished his show, I called WBZ
and asked for him. I immediately recognized his voice when he came on
the phone and said, "Now there's a familiar voice," and he said "Thank
you.  I asked him my question, and he said that he indeed was "Uncle
Carl" on those shows.  And he went on for awhile reminiscing, telling me
a lot that I didn't know about related work that he had done on radio
before the "Uncle Carl" TV shows.  When we were done, and I thanked him,
he said that he had enjoyed it.  I always thought he was a class act.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.|92 State Street|Suite 700|Boston, MA 02109-2004
617.367.0468|Fx:617.507.7856|http://www.attorneyross.com