HOUR TONE ON CBS RADIO

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 01:09:17 EDT 2012

The TV tone sounded like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okzwpiDBhy8&feature=plcp

radio

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM,  <stouges3@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello :
>

> My name is  Bill Dailey this the very 1st time that I am writeing to you
in regrards to a distinct tone at teh top of the hour meaning  1:00 pm 2:00
pm 3:00 pm etc . I have heard that distinct tone at the top of the  hour

> on  CBS  TV & CBS RADIO Networks . I have not heard that distinct tone on
CBS TV  from 1973  till the present time     but still hear it on the CBS
RADIO Network . That tone must go back 60 years.

> i know that people had radios but they had no clock radio maybe thats the
reason  but you still get that tone at the top of the hour foe cbs radio
network news . use to be on from the yop of the hour to 6 min past each
hour  not its the top  of each hour to 3 min past eash hour can you give me
any help?

                                                     Bill Dailey