Question re WXKS/WRCA/WBOS towers

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Oct 1 17:36:06 EDT 2012

<<On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:55:43 -0400, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> said:

> There aren't many other triplexes out there, at least not yet. Garrett
> has seen something I haven't: the one and only quad-plex, which is home
> to four signals all licensed to Sauk Rapids, Minnesota, on
> 540/660/800/1010. I don't think all four were up and running when he was
> there a few years ago, though.

It's not actually a "proper" quadplex; one of the stations has no
towers in common with any of the other three.  Still an engineering
challenge, since they are on the same site, so both arrays need reject
filters for the station(s) on the other array.

Three of the stations were on the air when I stopped by, with the
fourth under construction.  It's hard to imagine, having driven around
up there, that land could be so expensive as to balance out the
expense of engineering a site for four AM stations.

-GAWollman