Question re WXKS/WRCA/WBOS towers

Dale H. Cook radiotest@plymouthcolony.net
Mon Oct 1 16:05:21 EDT 2012

At 01:55 PM 10/1/2012, Scott Fybush wrote:

>There aren't many other triplexes out there, at least not yet. Garrett has seen something I haven't: the one and only quad-plex, which is home to four signals all licensed to Sauk Rapids, Minnesota, on 540/660/800/1010. I don't think all four were up and running when he was there a few years ago, though.

I was following Mark Meuller's thread on Virtual Engineer when he added the third station in 2008 and the fourth in 2010. It is a very impressive piece of engineering, and Mark is one of very few field engineers in the country who can handle work like that successfully. If you would like to read the thread, with graphs and pictures (with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one ... sorry, wrong song), it is at:

http://www.broadcastengineering.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=757

Mark is "Deep Thought."

Dale H. Cook, Member, NEHGS and MA Society of Mayflower Descendants;
Plymouth Co. MA Coordinator for the USGenWeb Project
Administrator of http://plymouthcolony.net