Question re WXKS/WRCA/WBOS towers

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Mon Oct 1 13:55:43 EDT 2012

On 10/1/2012 12:14 PM, Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
> KWXY 1340 Cathedral City, CA is also sharing a tower with KPTR 1450 Palm
> Springs, CA. I think there is another station on that tower, but I can't
> seem to find which one.

Nope, just those two, at least as far as main transmitter sites are
concerned. (I think there's an FM aux there for the former KWXY-FM 98.5.)

But how about the now-defunct triplex in Framingham? At one time, those
towers held 650 ("Ashland"), 1060 ("Natick") and 1200 ("Framingham"),
though now they're down to just the 650 signal.

There aren't many other triplexes out there, at least not yet. Garrett
has seen something I haven't: the one and only quad-plex, which is home
to four signals all licensed to Sauk Rapids, Minnesota, on
540/660/800/1010. I don't think all four were up and running when he was
there a few years ago, though.